Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, a very well known skincare staple in the beauty world.
Us beauty enthusiasts go on about Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream alot, but does it live up to the hype? And exactly what can you use it for?
Elizabeth Arden will give you a list as long as your arm including using it on your eyelids and cheekbones as a highlighter, to tame fly away hairs and the likes. I don’t think this stuff is very practical in the real world, so I wanted to list my real life uses in a post 🙂
Eight hour cream has an ointment texture, although I get the fragrance free version, there is still a slight nearly medicinal scent to it, but it doesn’t linger so it’s not something to worry about too much. It is not fast absorbing so don’t be expecting it to soak into your skin any time soon. I see this as a pro rather than a con though because of what I use it for.
- Chapped lips! It so great for hydrating the lips. It’s a great night time treatment, but it works really well to prep the lips before lipstick application as well as a giving the lips a nice shine without being sticky if you want to just wear it on its own.
- I use it as a night time treatment on my brows and eyelashes. I think it helps with their condition. It also helps with softening any hard brow hairs you might have too.
- It is fab for dry cuticles, it needs alot of working in, but it’s worth it.
- If you wear lashes, you know the plight of left over lash glue, Eight Hour Cream massaged into the roots can help remove it gently.
- Any dry skin spots you might have will benefit from a splodge of it!
- If you have scrapes or minor burns it can help ease the itch and heal the abrasion.
- Finally, I use it a foot treatment. I slather it on and then put some fluffy socks on before going to bed. It helps with cracked heels and any dryness that you might have from wearing stupid shoes (like me 🙂 )
Overall, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is a brilliant product to have in your skincare arsenal. It has so many uses, probably more than I have listed, they’re just things I use it for personally. It’s not cheap you can get it in Boots, Debenhams, anywhere that sells Elizabeth Arden really. The standard price is €33. A tube of it will last you forever though. The one I have now is over a year and it’s still going strong. I did order mine from Strawberry.net where if you’re lucky you can sometimes get a good deal on it.
Let me know if you use it and if there’s any other cool uses 🙂